A Leader Develops a Mission Critical Team:
Sales Goals Exceeded. Promotion Received.
My client, Toni, had 25 years experience in the insurance market. After many years with the same firm, she was hired by a competitor to develop and launch a new niche product – disability insurance for senior-level executives.
She recruited most of her old team to come with her to launch the new product. Management set a sales goal, but Toni knew she wanted to exceed that goal.
As her team launched the new product, an opportunity arose for Toni to step into a senior leadership role. She had trepidation about the bigger job as more than 25 other candidates were being considered.
Our coaching engagement focused on two key areas:
- Make Toni a stronger leader of her team – to make them as effective as possible and surpass their sales goal.
- Position Toni as the most qualified candidate for the new senior leadership role.
Much of our engagement focused on ensuring that Toni and her team hit their sales goals. Here’s what we did:
- Established new structures for the team so Toni could spend more time coaching them rather than getting stuck in less productive activities.
- Showed Toni how to protect her team’s time from non-critical interruptions, so they could focus on what mattered most: actual selling.
- Implemented cross selling strategies so that Toni’s team could contribute more to the entire company’s bottom line.
Toni’s team surpassed its own sales goal and was recognized for its contribution to increasing sales in other parts of the company.
Largely based on her team’s outstanding performance, Toni got the promotion – resulting in more money, more visibility and a more strategic role.
“Kate taught me how to position myself to make a quantum leap in my career. I knew I was qualified for the senior leadership role but I didn’t know how to go about getting it. She showed me how to highlight my strongest skills and talents. My confidence grew as I pressed through multiple interviews and questionnaires. I secured a big job that I previously wouldn’t have been able to sell myself into before our work together.”
If you want to explore how you can get extraordinary results through people and the way they think and work together, I invite you to contact me.
Download My Free Report
Struggling to Close the Gap Between
Strategy and Performance? This report gives you 4 essential elements to drive success.